Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, are currently offering both full and part funded PhD scholarships in sustainable building design.
The university is one of 4 UK Centres of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design accredited by the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Research projects currently available for funding include:
- The Design of Positive Soundscapes for Indoor Built Environments
- Characterisation and Potential Dating of Historic Window Glass
- Advanced Mixed Reality System for Construction Manual Trade Training
- Development of the 7D-BIM Technology
- An Evaluation of the Performance of Low Carbon Alternative Binders to Rapid Dewatering/Rewetting
- CFD Modelling of Multi-Phase Flows in Building Drainage Systems
- The Impact of Squeezing Build Cost on Long Term Value and Performance of Social Housing
- A Comparative Analysis of As-Built Documentation Methods
Eligibility: applicants must already have a first class honours degree or a 2.1 degree plus a Masters in a relevant subject. Scholarships are limited and will be awarded purely on merit.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 February 2014